A guide on how to make a simple yet elegant centerpiece.
By Emelie Ekborg
A simple centerpiece can be made in no time and will brighten up any dinner or coffee table! For this centerpiece I used: 1 clear glass cube, bergenia leaves, blackcurrant leaves, the rose “Hansa”, peonies, lady’s mantle, red clover, poppy pods and agrimony.
1. Line the cube with big leaves. Fill it with water and make a grid out of transparent tape. The grid will keep the flowers in place.
2. Put the blackcurrant leaves into the grid. Place the leaves so they make a collar.
3. Add the foliage and/or a filling flower. For this one I used lady’s mantle.
4. Then add your “stars”, those flowers that are the eye-catchers or the primadonnas. Here it’s the roses and the peonies.
5. Place the other flowers in between and in the gaps. I use red clover, poppy pods and agrimony.
6. Turn the vase around and check if there’s any gaps where a flower or some foliage is needed. Make sure there’s enough water in the vase.